Were You Involved in an Auto Accident?
If you were injured in a collision, contact an auto accident lawyer Baltimore MD offers from Cohen and Cohen, P.C. If someone else was at fault, it’s important to protect your rights. That process should begin immediately, and our attorneys may be able to help.
A top Baltimore MD auto accident lawyer may help to guide you through the process of recovering your damages. From the moment of impact, every step you take can potentially affect the outcome of your claim or lawsuit. The lawyers of Cohen and Cohen, P.C. have helped many thousands of auto accident victims receive maximum compensation.
Questions Your Lawyer May Ask
During your first meeting with an auto accident lawyer in Baltimore MD, he or she will likely ask you several questions. Most may be about the circumstances of your accident, which can help them develop a legal strategy. A good strategy is necessary in order to build a strong case and prove that the other party is liable for your damages. These questions are commonly asked by an auto accident lawyer Baltimore MD motorists rely on to protect their rights:
- Was anyone hurt or killed in the car accident?
- Were any vehicles heavily damaged?
- Did the police arrive and make a report on the accident?
- Who was at fault for the accident, and why?
- Do you have medical and/or vehicle damages due to the accident?
What You Should Do After an Auto Accident in Baltimore MD
Here are some guidelines you may wish to follow to help remain safe after an accident:
- Safety. After a car accident, if your vehicle a hazard to other drivers and can be safely moved, move it out of the way of traffic. Don’t leave the scene of the accident, but do mitigate the danger, if possible. Be wary of other drivers who may not see you.
- Police or State Troopers. Even if the accident does not involve injuries, it may be crucial to call for help, especially if a vehicle is disabled. Police officers can redirect traffic to help prevent additional collisions at the scene. They can also write an accident report, which may help you when filing a claim. The police report may also be used to support your case that you were not at fault for the accident.
- Exchange information. While still at the accident scene, it may be beneficial to trade names, contact information, insurance company name and policy number with the other driver. You should also note their license plate number. You do not need to offer the other driver any information regarding your injury status, especially because you may not be sure at this stage. If you tell them you’re okay, and later it becomes evident that you are injured, your words may be used against you.
- Photographs and video. If you’re able to take photos and video with your cell phone, you may wish to do so. Stay at a safe distance from passing traffic and avoid getting hurt from road debris. After you hire an auto accident lawyer Baltimore MD motorists trust, he or she may request copies of the pictures and video.
- Make phone calls. You can call your auto insurance company to notify them that you’ve been involved in an accident. If you have it, you can also provide them the contact information of the other driver. You may also wish to contact an attorney at this time. Cohen and Cohen, P.C. offers a free initial consultation. After a review of your case, you may have a clearer picture of whether or not an auto accident lawyer Baltimore MD residents hire is necessary to protect your rights.
The attorneys of Cohen and Cohen, P.C. make every effort to get our clients full compensation for their injuries. Your consultation is free, and there are no fees unless we win the case or negotiate a settlement. Call us today at (202) 999-3284 to talk to a respected auto accident lawyer Baltimore MD offers.